Monday, November 10, 2014

It's Been Awhile

Hello all!  Rather than apologize for the obscene amount of time in absentia, I will forge ahead.  All is good in the desert!  I recently submitted first quarter grades with comments and hoopla only customary in the world of education.  Inefficiency extends beyond government, I assure you.

Played a little golf a week or so ago.  We played in the evening which is a little cooler and adds a new element to my awful game.  It was fun though.  Played with the Math department head, an assistant principal, and a colleague in the English department.  Thankfully, we are all much better at lesson plans than golf so everyone enjoyed watching errant shots and missed putts.
As you can see, there is plenty of grass and the course surrounds  a 67 million sq feet racecourse.  the course is used mostly for racehorses, but Red Bull is having a race event there in a couple of weeks.  All in all, it's a HUGE place with the Burj Khalifa always placed nicely in the background:
That's about it for now.  I'm going to try to host Thanksgiving at my place this year.  I already sent a request to mom for a few beloved recipes.  This will be my first holiday season spent away from home, so I hope to make it a special one.  Sri Lanka in December and France in February!!  Then I'll have more to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment