Monday, March 9, 2015

Trips: Part 1 Sri Lanka

It's been awhile!  Busy, busy.  Not going to waste too much time writing here.  I wanted to share some photos with you from my trip to Sri Lanka over the Christmas holiday and France in February for a school trip.  Let's start with Sri Lanka:

When I first arrived to Colombo International, I took a tuk tuk to the middle of Colombo.  It wouldn't be an adventure if I didn't get lost right away, and my first driver agreed dropping me off in the wrong part of town.  
 
But I eventually found my hostel and met some great people from all over the world.  We discussed a variety of topics from great surf spots around the world to the upcoming elections in Sri Lanka.

Took a train south from Colombo to Hikkaduwa.  Very crowded, bumpy ride, but this family let me sit with them and even shared a chocolate bar with me.  I gave both kids a United States dollar.  They were very happy.
Once I got off the train, I arrived here.  Paradise.

Made friends quickly.
Ate some very decent vittles, drank fresh mango juice, and caught some nightlife.



Saw some religious sights.



caught


            some



                     surf
Made more friends and had a great time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment